Friday, September 3, 2010

My Automatic Feeder

new feed bucket (4)  

      This just looks like a saw on a bucket, but it’s not. This my automatic chicken feeder. There is a hole in the bottom of the bucket and the blade is inserted in the hole. The hole sizes is about 5/8 of an inch, but it can be any size depending on how much feed you want to flow out.The saw is wire tied to the bottom of the bucket. The trigger is wire tied on at the proper speed that is desired for feeding. When the saw is powered on the blade moves up and down in the feed and it just flows out. The power cord can be attach to a timer to feed at times during the day or night.
new feed bucket  
         I just hang the bucket above the birds and watch them come a running when they hear the saw power on, They just love to get a taste of scratch grain on the floor. Its something that I have already around the place and it didn’t cost me any extra money at all. And I know were my saw is when I need it.

No comments: